tax-cut bill 减税法案
1. In the original tax-cut bill passed by the House in November, the top income tax rate remained unchanged at 39.6%.
2. There are at least five separate parts of the House legislation — which I call a “tax cut” bill because it sure isn’t “tax reform” — that will benefit Trump and his family.
3. There are at least five separate parts of the House legislation — which I call a “tax cut” bill because it sure isn’t “tax reform” — that will benefit Trump and his family. I originally had only three, which I called the Trump Tax Trifecta, but then my Washington Post colleagues sent me two others. So now Trump has a five-fecta.
House 众议院 （House of Representatives）
Trifecta [traɪ’fektə] (赛马赌博的)三连胜式
badly off [ˈbædli ɔf]
贫困的，境况不好的 （比较级：worse off 最高级：worst off）
1. The average working week in Japan is 42.3 hours, compared with 41.6 in the UK, so they are not too badly off.
2. She was quite badly off for a while after her husband died.
badly off for 缺少，缺乏，供应不足
1. The refugees are badly off for blankets, and even worse off for food.
2. I am badly off for meeting a friend.
3. Even now some universities are badly off for English teachers.
worse off 英[wə:s ɔf] 美[wɚs ɔf]
恶化，情况更坏；愈加贫穷的；每况愈下的（是badly off的比较级，better off的反义词）
worse off一般用be worse off，在和使役动词连用时不需要be，如：
1. Youth are worse off financially than before.
2. Most British fear their children will be worse off than they are.
3. Almost three-quarters of the French think they will be worse off a decade from now, and so do half of all those polled in Germany, despite its economic recovery.
4. If you lose your job, we’ll be worse off.
5. This situation will leave us worse off.
6. Unfortunately his father died, leaving the family even worse off.
migrant, immigrant和emigrant 三个词都有移民、移居者的含义，但有以下不同：
migrant 主要意思是国内的移居者,在城市之间移居, 一般是指民工
immigrant 主要是指侨民, 即从外国迁入的移民
emigrant 主要是指从本国移往他国的移民, 即迁出的移民
1, migrant 英 [ˈmaɪgrənt] 美 [ˈmaɪɡrənt]
例句: The migrant workers are worse off than the average city dwellers.
2, immigrant 英 [ˈɪmɪgrənt] 美 [ˈɪmɪɡrənt]
例句: Immigrant tales have always been popular themes in fiction.
3, emigrant 英 [ˈemɪgrənt] 美 [ˈɛmɪɡrənt]
例句: They are emigrant labourers.